Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Top 2.5 programs for a new Mac

I'm setting up a new Mac for a neophyte. I discovered that without thinking about it, the first two programs I downloaded immediately after setting up Snow Leopard were Caffeine from Lighthead (http://lightheadsw.com/caffeine/) and Firefox. Caffeine does one thing and does it very well - temporarily prevents the Mac from going to sleep; indispensable when doing stuff that requires you to watch the screen and not play with the keyboard/mousepad, like downloading tons of updates. And, Firefox, well, naturally.

The .5 program? That would be Quicksilver. Used to be my numero uno go to program but though it works fine on my iMac on Snow Leopard, it's become buggy on my Macbook Pro on Snow Leopard. Dunno why, but that's the reason I no longer automatically download and install it. My fingers though still automatically go to the Ctrl-Space. Old habits.

Posted via email from the blog posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment