Saturday, December 19, 2009

iPhone delusions and the reality

Smacked into an intriguing article at http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10414356-71.html?tag=rtcol;pop on how iPhone users are delusional, referring to the report from Strand Reports available at http://www.strandreports.com/sw3896.asp, which apparently busts some myths about the iPhone.

Since I'm an iPhone user I was intrigued at the thought that I might be delusional and I was tempted to register for the free Strand Report. However, on a little reflection, I haven't requested a copy of the report for the following reasons.

One, it deals with the implications of the iPhone for one's business. Not interested currently.
Two, based purely on the review of the report and my own introspection about my iPhone usage, if I'm delusional, then that's okay by me.

Whatever the shortcomings of the iPhone (and there are plenty - crappy business card exchange, mediocre camera by comparison with other phones, so-so battery life especially when doing non-phone stuff, no copy-and-paste till generation 2 came along), it is still one heck of a device.

In the palm of my hand on a single device, I read books, play games, watch my favorite serials, listen to music, exchange messages with family, do maths, read the news, check my email, log my exercise, manage my appointments, track my music/movie/book collections, check the weather, use maps to find directions, take casual photos... oh, and make and receive phone calls.

In my 49 years on this planet, this is the first device that lets me do all of those things pretty damn well and still fits in my pocket. Could it be better? Sure. And it probably will as time goes by and versions come along. But does it work for me right now? Sure does.

Ok, so I'm delusional. Bite me.

Posted via email from the blog posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment