Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Kafka, we need you...

This has to be the strangest blog entry I've ever done. Not that I've done many, but still.

It's strange because while I'm allowed to make this entry, I'm not allowed to read it myself.

In its infinite wisdom, the Government of India has decided to block certain blogs from public consumption in India. Fine, they want to do that, they probably have the right to.

But in their ham-handed fashion (I didn't say "typical" but you read it, right?) they've blocked the entire blogspot.com URL. So, all blogs hosted here are inaccessible in India.

Bloody daft!

I'm writing this in the hope that one day I'll be able to read it online without having to go through an anonymizer.

Oh yes, you CAN still access all these sites by going via an anonymizer site - and you can find one in about 0.28 seconds via a Google search. It works - I just saw my own blog though with the styles a bit off, but it's there. I have no doubt that there are other ways to get around this stupid block, but it irks me that I need to.

Forget about my individual rights. Whatever happened to plain commonsense?

No comments:

Post a Comment